In June 2013, Chorlton Park Primary School was inspected by Ofsted and judged to be Outstanding.
You can click here to view Chorlton Park's page on the Department for Education School Performance tables.
Click here to view the Ofsted Data Dashboard for Chorlton Park Primary School.
You can download our previous Key Stage 2 SATs Results from the link on the right of the page.
Below is the summary of key findings from our most recent Ofsted report. To view the full report, please refer to the 'Downloads' section on the right hand side of this page.
Summary of Key Findings - Ofsted Report
This is an outstanding school...
- From increasingly well-below expected starting points when they enter the Early Years Foundation Stage, pupils reach above average standards in English and mathematics by the end of Year 6. Pupils’ achievement is outstanding and increasing proportions of pupils are making better progress than similar pupils nationally. This reflects the school motto of ‘make learning irresistible’.
- Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage make an excellent start to school life and are very well prepared for Year 1.
- Consistently high quality teaching meets the needs of all pupils. Teachers and support staff have high expectations of pupils. They know pupils exceptionally well and always motivate them to keep on trying to achieve their best. Pupils thrive in this very positive climate for learning.
- Staff take every opportunity to develop and celebrate pupils’ all round personal and academic skills. They ensure relationships are of the highest quality. As a result, pupils very much enjoy school, as reflected in their average and improving attendance. Pupils display highly positive attitudes to learning, they behave outstandingly well and know how to stay safe.
- The outstanding curriculum is highly stimulating and skilfully adapted to meet pupils’ needs and interests. It provides excellent opportunities for pupils to develop their independence, exploration and investigative learning both in and out of classrooms. A vast range of clubs, visits, visitors and residential trips provide superb support to the outstanding learning experiences on offer. The curriculum provides excellent support in developing pupils’ information and communication technology skills and those in music and sport.
- The highly motivational executive headteacher has ensured that the outstanding practice seen at the time of the last inspection has been sustained and indeed improved. He is very ably supported by the two excellent senior leaders, in a shared view of high expectations and continual improvement. The school has excellent relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Governors provide exceptional support and challenge in making the school the very best it can be. This has ensured that this outstanding school never stands still and continues to expect nothing but the best from the staff and pupils.