At Chorlton Park Primary School we believe that all children deserve the right to an engaging education which ignites excitement and curiosity, and inspires them to want to learn, alongside learning purposeful knowledge and skills. We want to provide children with memorable experiences and key life skills during their time with us in EYFS. We want children to respect and care for others and to develop self-regulation and social skills. By providing them with an education that does all of this we believe children will have the best chance to become well- rounded, confident and happy individuals ready to succeed in an ever- changing world.
The curriculum in Early Years is designed to provide a broad and balanced education that meets the needs of all pupils. It facilitates them to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding, as they start out on their educational journey, supporting them to progress from their individual starting points and preparing them for the next stage of their education.
We are proud of our classroom environments both inside and out and continually work to develop the areas further using our children's interests and current curriculum approaches and pedagogy as a stimulus. We aim to facilitate children to develop positive attitudes to learning, fostering their natural inquisitive natures and developing a language for them to be able understand and describe how they learn best.
This link will take you to the document 'What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage: a guide for parents'. We think it's really helpful.
The EYFS is based upon four principles:
- every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
At Chorlton Park we aim to ensure:
- That children access a broad and balanced curriculum that gives them the broad range of knowledge and skills needed for good progress through school and life
- That each child is offered a wide range of new and exciting experiences and gives them the opportunity to consolidate, explore and test them out along with their own, individual experiences
- That each child, through encouragement and high expectations, develops to the full, socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally
- To support children in building relationships through the development of social skills such as cooperation and sharing
- Quality and consistency in teaching and learning so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- Close partnership working between practitioners and with parents and/or carers
- Every child is included and supported through equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
- To give each child a happy, positive and fun start to their school life in which they can establish solid foundations on which to expand and foster a deep love of learning